Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pictures of Portugal

Photos: from top: our friend Cesar and his delicious port, roast suckling pig, woman selling roast chestnuts in Coimbra, octopus drying on the beach in Nazare, tiles on a house in Sitio, two elderly women in traditional dress in Nazare, our friends Diogo and Teresa in Nazare, little Gabriela and older Elise - more friends from Nazare, Portuguese plates, Manueline architecture in Batalha, Nazare from our hotel balcony, fountain in front of Monastary Jeronimous in Belem, more Manueline architecture from the monastary, Chapel of Bones in Coimbra, the pregnant Virgin a church in Coimbra, Roman temple ruins in Coimbra, a fisherman on the cliffs at Sagres, and the beach at Salema.


















2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! The picture of the roast suckling pig fired up my salivary glands, as you would expect. I thought cruel and unusual punishment was unconstitutional -- well, maybe not in Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had to look up the Chapel of Bones to understand what that was about. I read the poem that is perhaps inscribed there (I read the translated version). Wow. I am further along my journey now... ; )

    Was it a somber place? So beautiful your pictures are. Will people eat those octopus?

    Love to you!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete